Scale : 1:72
Height: 4-1/2" (115mm)
$79.00
$101.00

Crowdy Head Lighthouse 1878

The Crowdy Head Lighthouse as the first station in the area was a pilot station established in 1860 at Harrington, assisting ships navigating the entrance of the Manning River.

The current lighthouse is the last of five lighthouses of similar design designed and built by James Barnet in 1878-80, the other four being Fingal Head Light, Clarence River Light (now demolished), Tacking Point Lighthouse and Richmond River Light. The original light was a fixed white light from a 4th order catadioptric apparatus with an intensity of less than 1,000 cd. It was manned by one keeper.

In 1928 the apparatus was converted to a carbide lamp (acetylene gas), with an intensity of 1,500 cd. At the same opportunity the light was automated.

The pilot station was closed in the 1960s. In 1972 the light was converted to mains electricity.

In 2002 the 4th order Fresnel lens was sold on eBay in 2002 for $20,000, and is now on display at Sea Girt Light in New Jersey.

Laser cut Model includes:

> All parts cut by laser
> history of lighthouse
> building instruction
> Colour photographs of ready model
> foil for windows
> full assembly of acryl paints
> brush
> razor-blade
> plants, sand

Model does not include:
> frame

Order code: KTVZL007