Parma is a typical modern four-poster of 3,090 tons, built on the Clyde in 1902 under the name Arrow. In 1913 she was purchased by F.Laeizs of Hamburg for his famour “P” Line fleet and her name was changed to Parma.
She was amongst the last survivors of the grain fleet. Her deck views and rigging details will be familiar to most ship lovers through the medium of the 200 odd fine photographs which illustrate Alan Villier’s well known book “Last of the Windships”.
1033 – Sail & Rigging Plan
1034 – Profile, Longitudinal Section & Deck 1035 – Lines Drawings & Thwart – Ship Elevations
Harold Underhill Plans have been produced to meet the needs of those wishing to build authentic scale ship models, and every care has been taken to ensure accurate detail. In the case of named ships they have been compiled from the original builders’ plans and specifications, personal survey of the actual vessel, or both. Where possible, any changes made during the life of the ship have been noted on the drawings.