The “Lacroze” tramway No 258 was manufactured by the Portugal Tram Company in 1927, based on the “Brill 32” model from J.G. Brill of Philadelphia (United States).
The tram was in service with the Lacroze Company in Buenos Aires between 1907 and 1939.
In 1980 the 258 was acquired by the “Asociacion Amigos del Tranvia (AAT). The AAT restored the magnificent unit with some exterior modifications to finally obtain an exact replica of the Buenos Aires Lacroze. Since 15 November, 1980 the tram runs through the Caballito neighbourhood of Buenos Aires.
In 2014, “Lacroze” No 258 was declared a National Historic Monument.