Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with us we agree we will ship the goods you have ordered
to the shipping address you have provided.
By placing an order with us you are agreeing that you accept our terms and conditions
1. Refunds & Returns
A refund will be provided if the goods are returned in their original condition within 30 days
from the date of purchase for a cost of goods refund or exchange subject to the conditions below.
If returning goods you are required to pack them carefully and securely. Also include a copy of the original invoice you received with your order. The shipping cost and any associated import costs are the responsibility of the sender.
If you have changed your mind Modelers Central may, at its sole discretion allow a refund or an exchange of goods.
1 .A cost of goods refund will be provided if the goods purchased are:
· not of acceptable quality
· do not match the description presented on our website.
2 .A 20USD/GBP,Euro Restocking & Administration Fee will apply to all returns or exchanges.
3. We cannot accept the return of any goods that have been altered or damaged in any way after receipt. This includes the packaging containing the goods.
4. Goods returned with the claim that they are faulty will be repaired or replaced at the sole discretion of Modelers Central.
5. Where goods are returned with the claim that they are faulty or incorrectly supplied and these goods are subsequently found not to be faulty or incorrectly supplied, the purchaser will be responsible for the cost of the return postage.
6. DVDs cannot be returned or exchanged unless the DVD is found to be faulty.
7. Plans cannot be returned or exchanged.
8. Electrically operated tools or equipment cannot be returned for refund or exchanged where that tool or equipment has been found to have been incorrectly operated, or incorrectly connected to the electrical supply or operated in any unsafe manner.
2. Parts Replacement
Any missing or broken part in your kit will be replaced for up to 30 days from the date of purchase. When you receive your kit you are required to carefully and thoroughly examine all the contents and familiarize yourself with the plans and instructions. If there is a missing or broken part advise us immediately. Check carefully as some parts of a model kit have to be made by the modeler from timber and fittings supplied in the kit. What may appear to be missing is in fact in the kit but has to be made, shaped or built by the modeler.
3. Shipping & Delivery
We endeavor to dispatch all orders on the next business day after the order is received. At times there may be a carry over to the following business day before the order is shipped. We can provide you with an estimated date of delivery of all parcels. We are not able to guarantee the delivery day or time.
It is your responsibility to provide the correct delivery address details at the time of ordering. If you provide the wrong address, we are not obliged to re-send the order at our expense to the correct address.
We are not responsible for goods lost, stolen or damaged in transit or for the late delivery of an order. An order lost, stolen or damaged in transit or the late delivery of an order does not constitute a failure of our responsibility to supply to you the goods you have ordered, and consequently does not entitle you to cancel the order.
The purchaser accepts full responsibility for any destination country customs fees, duty, taxes, or import terminal charges relating to the purchaser’s order. Should the purchaser refuse to meet these fees when the order is delivered and the order is subsequently returned to Modelers Central then a refund will be made to the purchaser less the actual costs of shipping incurred by Modelers Central for the original shipping to the purchaser and the return shipping costs.
Payment for an order can be by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal.
5. Timber Surcharge
A timber surcharge will be applied to all orders of timber strips, planks and boards.
6. Back Orders
Most items in our stock list are standard stock. There may be times when we are out of stock of a particular item. Should this occur we will advise you accordingly with an estimated date for delivery. Once the item is back in stock we will ship it to you immediately.
“Modelers Central” means Model Ship Building College Pty Ltd ACN 114 830 732 and includes where appropriate Modelers Central’s employees, agents, contractors, officers and related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)).
Modelers Central is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by a customer while using any good purchased from or supplied by Modelers Central. This condition is subject to any liability which may not be lawfully excluded, in which case such liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Modelers Central treats all customers with due respect and courtesy at all times. In return Modelers Central employees and officers expect to be treated in the same manner. Modelers Central reserves the right to refuse service to any customer who abuses, harasses or threatens via any form of communication any employee or officer of Modelers Central.
Relevant and appropriate legal action may be taken against the perpetrator of any defamatory statements about Modelers Central made by any form of communication including social media.
9. Modelers Central Website
Using Modelers Central website to access, send or post any material of an offensive, obscene, pornographic, threatening, abusive or defamatory nature is a breach of these terms and conditions.
The website www.modelerscentral.com and its content are protected under copyright © and other intellectual property laws. Any use of material from the website (unless with prior written authorization from Modelers Central or permitted by law) copying, transmission, public performance, alteration or reverse engineering is strictly prohibited. Enquiries should be made to Modelers Central at email@example.com. Any infringement may result in criminal or civil liability. All rights reserved.
Modelers Central Members Program Terms & Conditions
1. By applying to become a Modelers Central Member the applicant agrees to be bound by these Modelers Central Membership terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are binding on an applicant upon the processing of the application.
2. Only individuals can apply to become a Modelers Central Member. Trusts, partnerships, joint ventures, associations, corporations or any other body corporate cannot apply.
3. Modelers Central may, in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons for its decision, accept or refuse an application from an individual to become an member.
4. To apply to become a Modelers Central Member, the applicant must complete and submit the on-line application at www.modelerscentral.com and pay the relevant non-refundable membership fee.
5. A Modelers Central Member may hold one (1) membership only.
6. Modelers Central Member benefits are determined by Modelers Central from time to time and may include discounts for products purchased at Modelers Central.
7. Discounts only apply to the Modelers Central Member named on the membership card.
8. The benefits of a Modelers Central Member are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
9. Modelers Central Membership is valid for a period of 24 months from date of application and fee payment or is terminated or cancelled by Modelers Central (in its absolute discretion) or until the Cardholder notifies Modelers Central at firstname.lastname@example.org that he/she wishes to terminate their Membership. If membership is terminated the membership fee is non-refundable.
10. Modelers Central is not responsible for stolen or lost Cards or Cards that are used fraudulently. The Cardholder must report a stolen or lost Card to Modelers Central immediately. The member’s existing Card will be cancelled and a new Card issued.
11. All membership cards remain the property of Modelers Central. Cards must be returned to Modelers Central immediately on demand by Modelers Central.
12. Any questions regarding Modelers Central Member Program should be referred to Modelers Central at email@example.com
13. Modelers Central reserves the right to suspend or terminate a Modelers Central Membership at any time and without prior notice.
14. Modelers Central shall not be liable in any way if benefits or promotions are unavailable as a result of a technical malfunction, operator fault, errors resulting from computer hardware or software errors or failure.
15. Modelers Central Membership, components of the Modelers Central Membership and its associated promotions may be amended or withdrawn by Modelers Central at any time without notice.
16. Modelers Central Members participating in Modelers Central Membership Program and its associated promotions are bound by these terms and conditions and are subject to any other conditions imposed by Modelers Central or that apply to a promotion from time to time.
17. All discounts for Modelers Central Members for purchases at Modelers Central are subject to stock availability.
18. Modelers Central Membership discounts are not negotiable, are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
19. Modelers Central Membership discounts apply to the purchase of goods from Modelers Central. Modelers Central Member discounts do not apply to any relevant shipping charges.
20. A Modelers Central Member must produce their Card if seeking the benefit of any discount or other benefit offered to members, or upon request by Modelers Central.
21. Modelers Central does not warrant in any way that the discounts or benefits for Modelers Central Members will be available at any particular time or times or in any particular place.
22. A member of Modelers Central Member Program is not to divulge their individual username or password to another person or persons.
23. To the greatest extent permitted by law, Modelers Central gives no warranty and shall have no liability in respect of goods or services provided to Members or as to the accuracy of any description or information about such goods or services, even though Modelers Central may have notified the member of those goods or services.
24. Modelers Central is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any Member whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of Modelers Central in connection with Modelers Central Membership, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of Modelers Central or Modelers Central or in any activity in which Members are invited to participate or while using any good purchased from or supplied by Modelers Central. This condition is subject to any liability which may not be lawfully excluded, in which case such liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
25. Modelers Central will not be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail or via email. Any notice will be deemed to have been given by Modelers Central if posted to the mailing address and email address last notified by a Modelers Central Member to Modelers Central.
26. Each Modelers Central Member is responsible for advising Modelers Central of any change of postal address or email address.
27. Notwithstanding the above, Modelers Central may inform, advise and notify Modelers Central Members by any form of communication.
28. Modelers Central will not be liable for any disruption to the Modelers Central Members Program or any delay to or inability to provide any of the benefits caused by circumstances beyond the control of Modelers Central, including but not limited to strikes or industrial disputes, acts of God, flood, weather, aircraft unserviceability or unavailability, war or civil disturbance.
29. Modelers Central makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, suitability, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any goods or services offered by Modelers Central for sale or as prizes.
30. Modelers Central Members indemnify Modelers Central for and against any loss or claim suffered or incurred by Modelers Central arising from or in connection with a breach of these terms and conditions by a Member.
31. Modelers Central reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time for any reason and without notice to Member. A copy of the current Modelers Central Membership terms and conditions can be viewed at www.modelerscentral.com
33. Modelers Central’s decision in connection with any aspect of Modelers Central Membership will be binding and final on each Member.
34. “Modelers Central” means Model Ship Building College Pty Ltd ACN 114 830 732 and includes where appropriate Modelers Central’s employees, agents, contractors, officers and related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)). “Member” means a person who has applied for membership and whose application has been accepted by Modelers Central.
35. If any clause of these Terms, or any part of any clause, is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, then that part shall be severed and the remainder of the Terms shall continue in force. The words "include" and "including" and other similar words and expressions are to be construed without limitation. These Terms are governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
36. For the avoidance of doubt, these terms and conditions supersede and replace any and all previous terms and conditions governing Modelers Central Member Program.